GYK Antler is looking for a Senior Brand Strategist/Planner. At GYK Antler, strategy is thread that ties all of our client work together. As a Senior Brand Strategist/Planner, you are responsible for helping to strategically position all clients and ensuring all marketing plans are based on strategic insights. You are expected to be able to create brand identities through research and apply experience and knowledge to develop custom consumer personas, as well as highlight the client’s competitive differentiators. The Senior Brand Strategist/Planner will also manage the campaign measurement process and ensure that clients and the agency are aligned on all KPIs, establishing realistic business goals, and providing accountability through detailed reports while providing optimized strategies and recommendation to move work forward. The Senior Brand Strategist/Planner reports directly to the Director of Strategic Planning and Account Services.
Strategy & Planning Team Overview
As strategists and planners, our mission is to create and establish the foundation for all marketing to stem from and ensure all work at GYK Antler is driven based on tangible goals and objectives and quantifiable measures of success. We are ultimately responsible for contributing strategy to the positioning, packaging, and promotion of all GYK Antler clients. We believe strategy is at the heart of all client engagements, and act as champions to ensure it.
- Act as the primary strategist on several key agency accounts
- Work with the strategy and planning team on large strategic client facing brand strategies
- Develop and lead in-person client presentations
- Lead internal executive level client and external market interviews
- Synthesize data, external research, and client input to develop strategic insights and recommendations that will lead our creative and integrated planning efforts
- Craft compelling creative briefs that lead to the development of successful brand identity programs and creative concepts
- Review and provide strategic consultation to brand activation activities, including creative development, digital tactics, marketing and media plans, etc.
- Offer critical business advice to key client decision makers
- Work collaboratively across agency teams to ensure marketing plans are achieving specific strategic goals and objectives
- Be a champion for using research capabilities to the fullest potential
- Participate in new business development by contributing to pitch presentation, lead qualifications, and proposal development
- Most importantly, we ask that you be the best version of you every day
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Advertising
- 7 or more years of ad agency experience, preferably with 5 or more years of experience in a strategic marketing role with an emphasis on brand strategy and strategic planning
- Ability to derive consumer insights
- Ability to develop consumer personas and detailed target audiences
- A proven leader who can inspire internal teams
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to maintain and meet client deadlines
- Ability to mentor all junior team members
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint